What's new

Panasonic Plasma and Direct TV (1 Viewer)

Joe Mac

Auditioning
Purchased a Panasonic TH-42PX50U and a 4 receiver(2-HD & 2-Standard) Direct TV system. From my research the TV is highly rated for picture quality. Mine's terrible, even after doing a picture calibration. I am using an HDMI cable. Next problem, after programming the Direct remote to operate the TV and DVD player, cannot get the remote , when going to the TV input menu, to page to the DVD , TV , or HDMI lines to change which device will input to the TV. Any help would be appreciated. Also, called Direct TV and missy on the other end said Direct would not send me a new remote because the TV INPUT button didn't work. Bought Direct 2 days ago. Thanks

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
For your picture problem, see my answer in this thread. Same thing applies to D*. Your HD programming should look great. It's down-rezed a little from true HD (we call it HD lite) but it's still good. Your OTA HD channels will vary in quality based on each station and their use of multi-casting.

I'm not sure about your remote problem. My guess is that D* doesn't have the correct codes for your TV's input functions. Getting a new remote from them won't solve anything. A universal remote from Harmony will make your life much easier. They currently have a $50 on 2 models. My 880 remote is in the mail right now.

-Robert

John S

Senior HTF Member
Your HD looks bad?
What box looks bad on the display?

Should be good, I'm running mine at 76" screen size.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks