Panasonic or Samsung HDTV, and where to buy?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Richard.J, Nov 22, 2002.

1. Richard.J

Richard.J Extra

Just wondering what the best place to look for digital televisions is. I'm considering either the Samsung TXM3096WHF 30" widescreen tube HDTV, or saving some extra money and getting the Panasonic CT-30WX52 30" widescreen tube HDTV. Any opinions on these sets?

I'm particularly worried about the quality of the Samsung. I trust Panasonic to build a good set, but... are there any people with experiences with the Samsung units? Thanks in advance.

2. Jon Sciabica

Jon Sciabica Agent

3. Jon Sciabica

Jon Sciabica Agent

i was orginally contemplating the 34" panny, but then decided to go RPTV. For the cost you get so much more TV. If you have the room you wont regret it.

4. Richard.J

Richard.J Extra

Oh, another thing. Gaming will be one of the main functions of this TV, so a projection won't get the job done...

5. Kieran Coghlan

Kieran Coghlan Second Unit

Why won't projection "get the job done?" I use my RPTV for video games sometimes, and it's GREAT! Today's video games have so much motion and changing picture info that burn-in is not really a concern any more. Unless you still play Super Mario on your original Nintendo... [​IMG]

6. Richard.J

Richard.J Extra

1) I have the following consoles CONNECTED to my TV now:
    NES, SNES, Sega Genesis Mark II, Sega CD Mark II, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Sony Playstation 2, Microsoft XBox, and Nintendo Gamecube. I've been told that projection generally isn't a good choice for that sort of programme.

2) Light gun games are one of my favorite genre's, and lightguns won't work with a projection TV.

7. Evan Hartnett

Evan Hartnett Stunt Coordinator

8. Richard.J

Richard.J Extra

The GunCon2 for the Playstation 2 works on a computer monitor, so I assume it will work on a high definition set. I'll try it out though, thanks.