What's new

Panasonic L500 on the way to USA (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
The Panasonic PT-L500U is on its way to the USA. Looks like its not coming in December though. I was hoping it would come here by this month. Weird how they'd want to lose sales to the Sanyo Z2 during Christmas season.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I hope before February. Thats a wee bit long of a wait. I thought it was coming in December.

Thomas Willard

Stunt Coordinator
Projector Central gave the 300U a great review and on that basis I purchased one. I am very happy with the 300U and I imagine the 500U will be even better. Keep in mind for watching DVD's the only difference will be slightly better contrast ratio. The 300U is already able to show the maximum resolution of a DVD. But for 720p high definition TV, the new 500U will have a leg up on the older 300U.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Agreed about the resolution, but apparantly the 500 does pixel perfect and also with the higher resolution AND smoothscreen deal, screendoor is a total non-issue unless you are 1.0x screen width away. Anyways, should be cool. Some Pioneers are getting them from Japan, but I'd like to wait until they come into the US regular style :)

Rick Guynn

Second Unit

Increased display resolution will make a difference even on DVDs. If you take the same image (from a DVD) and display it on the same size screen with two different displays having two different resolutions, you will notice a difference. Of course, having a good scaler working for you doesn't hurt ;)

RG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks