What's new

Panasonic HDTV's (1 Viewer)

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
I am able to get Panasonic equipment at 40% off. Does anyone have a thoughts on their HDTV's. There is lots of traffic about other brands but I see very little on Panasonics stuff
Thanks
Earle
------------------
Reciever: Denon AVR3200
Speakers: Klipsch KG4.2's/KG2.2v/KSB 3.1's/SVS 20-39's
Amps: B&K Ref 4022(mains)/Fidek 600 watt(subs)
DVD: Toshiba 3109
TV: Sony 32" monitor
A pair of Aura Bass Shakers

Nick P

Second Unit
I agree, Panasonic seems to get very little attention on this and other forums. I have a PT-56WXF95 and I think it's fantastic. You might want to check out www.audioreview.com for more opinions.

I have a PT-65WX50B, this is their biggest, I think the HDTV feeds off the Dish 6000 and the Progressive DVD from my new Denon 2800 are just stunning. I will get a professional calibration next year. I also agree that they don't get much attention here or elsewhere but the one I got is very solid and heavy.
------------------
Ken Winders

Miles

Second Unit
The new Panasonics are trickling out now... look at the TV forum as there should be some info on them soon. The prices are now closer to the Toshibas, although Panasonic seems to have dropped 720p.
Miles

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
I haven't spent more than 10 minutes with it yet, but I recently received a demo PT-51HX41 (I'm a dealer). The line doubler seems to do a very nice job, definitely doing 3:2 pulldown reversal. The new 9-point user convergence screen is a nice feature, but even with all 9 points converged, there are still lots of problems with the overall convergence which will have to be fixed in the service menu.
One thing that is immediately noticable is a sharper picture. I've turned the sharpness control down to zero, but on-screen text is still incredibly sharp. I want to attribute this to a finer CRT spot size, but until I spend more time with it, lets just say that it's very noticable (I'm comparing it to a Toshiba). Other than that, colour temperature looks to be way off and the colours in general are vary pale looking. Again, nothing a calibration won't fix.
No 16:9 compression for DVDs though which was VERY disapointing.
------------------

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Johnny,
I thought the vertical squeeze was only via a 480p input. Have you tried that and still no vertical squeeze?
I'm probably going with the upcoming 47" 16x9 Panny. Let us know when you get one what you think of it.
Cheers!

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
Sorry Carlo, I think you asked me that in the thread I started about this model, but I never responded.
Nope, 480p won't do it. Only 1080i. Frankly, I was more than just a bit disapointed as I had specifically asked this question at Panasonic's dealer show in March. The technical person there was very emphatic about the fact that it would support anamorphic DVD.
Perhaps it was supposed to, but they changed their minds. Maybe it's still in the service menus somewhere
biggrin.gif

------------------

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Whelp, that was the final straw in convincing me to wait for the 47" widescreen. Since their 1.85 picture area is the same size, I was toying with getting the 51" for its larger 4:3 area, and squeezing the progressive DVD signal.
Please, do post any comments you may have on the 47" model when you get it.
Thanks!

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
Thnaks for the info everyone. Im getting tired of watching movies on a 32" Sony TV. Now if I could just convince the wife that $2000 is a great deal for a HDTV.
Thanks again
Earle
------------------
Reciever: Denon AVR3200
Speakers: Klipsch KG4.2's/KG2.2v/KSB 3.1's/SVS 20-39's
Amps: B&K Ref 4022(mains)/Fidek 600 watt(subs)
DVD: Toshiba 3109
TV: Sony 32" monitor
A pair of Aura Bass Shakers

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks