What's new

Panasonic Geometry (1 Viewer)

Mike_Stuewe

Stunt Coordinator
I have a panasonic CT27D10B television thats about 2 years old and the other day I finally entered the service menu to see what I could tweak. The strange thing is that immediately after I entered the menu the picture had changed and not for the better. The geometry of the picture is really bad. There is a real obvious slant to the picture. I watched the Indians game today and fox's scoreboard at the top of the screen was about an inch lower on the left than on the right. This did not happen before I had entered the service menu. I also know that this cant be a setting that I changed because everything is back at default. I dont have the Avia disc but I tried using the THX mini-test on the T2 ultimate edition and noticed the problem. Is there even a setting to correct this? I didnt really see one in the menu. Can I pop open the back of the TV? I am probably getting an XBR next month when the new sonys roll out so it isnt a huge deal if this isnt perfect, but I would like it corrected cuz it is a huge annoyance, and I was going to give it to a friend when I am done with it. Also there was another problem with the TV where the brightness wasnt right when there was no colors on the screen. Meaning, when there was no signal, the left 3 inches of the screen were totally black, while the rest was like the brightness was jacked up. This got corrected when I entered the service menu immediately as well, I did not change any settings to correct this. Could someone explain that to me?

Also does anyone know how to correct the pincushion or the width of the image? I see the vertical height but not the others which makes no sense at all.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
If you can't correct the problems and your friend doesn't want a free TV, send it to me! :)
J.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks