Panasonic GAOO Color Decoder

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Blaine Skerry, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Blaine Skerry

Blaine Skerry Second Unit

Anyone here know which service mode parameters control the color decoder on Panasonic GAOO TV's?

2. James Zos

James Zos Supporting Actor

Blaine, I have a 27 inch GAOO and have tweaked it and continue to tweak it extensively. As far as I can tell, these are the only color decoder parameters:

S5R-Y Demodulation Angle
    S6R-Y Demodulation Gain
    S7G-Y Ratio SW

By the way, someone here at the forum gave me a pretty decent method for eyeballing grayscale, which I intend to post soon. Let me know if you have any other questions I might be able to answer, or if you have any tips for me as well.

Good luck!

3. Blaine Skerry

Blaine Skerry Second Unit

Thanks, James. The only possible tip I can give you is my method of adjusting screen size for watching "enhanced for 16:9" DVD's. I am at work at the moment but when I get home I can post the parameter adjustments. Thanks again.

edit: I'm looking forward to the greyscale adjustment info.

I just remembered that I have two parameter adjustments that supposedly disable VSM. I have done them and there is a quite subtle difference. Anyway, I'll post them later.

4. James Zos

James Zos Supporting Actor

"I just remembered that I have two parameter adjustments that supposedly disable VSM. I have done them and there is a quite subtle difference. Anyway, I'll post them later."

Blaine, I would be very interested in knowing what they were, as I've never been able to track anything like that down and figured the only way to do it would be to actually open up my set, something I'm unlikely to do owing to my fear of electrocution.

I've posted the grayscale method I mentioned, in another thread in this forum, if you're still interested.