What's new

Panasonic G20 vs G25 (1 Viewer)

evan631

Agent
Real Name
Evan
As some of you might have read in my previous post is am looking to return my Samsung 6400 LED. I have about 2 weeks left. I am considering the 50in Panasonic Plasma G20 or G25, i dont really think i need to 3D for an extra $900 retail. Do any of you guys know what the differences are between these two models. According to Panasonic's site...all tech spec are identical. it seems the only difference i have read about it something about a attaching a network camera. Reading a review someone mentioned the following... G20 has a new and improved version of the Intelligent Frame Creation (IFC) system which has the same job as 100/120/200/240 Hz techs on LCD-TVs. In brief IFC wants to smooth out movements. Just like the 100/120 Hz systems on LCD-TVs. You do this be calculating (interpolating) new frames that are inserted between the existing ones. I was not very pleased with IFC on the 2008 and 2009 Panasonic models because it had a tendency to introduce far too many artifacts. This year IFC has been improved and even though artifacts and noise has not been eliminated the system does a better job at improving picture quality, and on G20 the actually has its entitlement. The IFC also affects 1080p24 (1920x1080 resolution at 24 frames per second) signals - Blu-Ray – though and if you want to maintain the cinematic experience you’re used to from movies, you should turn off IFC on Blu-Ray viewing. IFC typically means that Blu-Ray content is reproduced a slightly more television/sports-like. Would this cause the soap opera effect? i thought that was only on LCD/LED. What's your thoughts on these units? Anything else you can recommend? From what I am a reading it appears Panasonic has the best plasma...correct? What you thoughts on the Samsung plasma line that just came out? (Particularly the 7000 series.) Thanks again! -Evan

KendallT

Agent
Evan

I sit awaiting the delivery of my new G25 (54") and I had the same question before ordering.

The ONLY difference I could determine is that the G20 comes with a Skype-ready web camera while the G25 is the EXACT same TV but without the camera. You can always purchase the camera later for $169 list. I saw a G20 in BestBuy and, sure enough there was this little camera clipped onto the top of the set.

Hope that helps!

-Ken

evan631

Agent
Real Name
Evan
I purchased my G25 two weeks ago. Got it for a good price i think. Yes...no camera with it. I thought it was the opposite...G20 did not handle the network camera. Oh well. I wouldn't use it anyhow.

I am extremely happy with my G25! Highly recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks