What's new

Panasonic Extended Waranty - Decision (1 Viewer)

Parisis

Agent
I have a new Panasonic PT-47WX42 RPTV coming tomorrow. ($999 from Boscovs- Wilmington Philly Stores still have a few)I passed on the extended warranty and the salesman said I had a month to change my mind. My question is this, As my 1 year warranty comes to an end , will Panasonic call and offer me an extension? If so , how much did you pay? I never buy these things but smething this complicated has me worried. Also , do you have to do anything special with your insurance. I have full replacement on my Nationwide policy and probably cold not find another unit for $999. Thanks this board is a great help.

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor
I'm not too sure if Panny offers extended warranty. I bought my Panny 47 about 5 months ago and I got it service 3 times already, due to a gun being replaced.

How much does the store want for the extended warranty and for how long?

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Remember, if you use a credit card your warranty may be extended automatically.

I purchased the my RPTV with my mastercard and it extends the warranty from 1 year to 2 years free of charge.

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor
Which Mastercard do you have?

That is what I did. I bought my on my Amex and I have an year extended warranty.

Parisis

Agent
Panasonic has what they call a Customer Care Plan that can be purchased for up to 3 years in addition to the "free" year. I tried to call for pricing but they wern't open yet.
I am of the belief that most bad things happen in the first year. I also am Italian and have over 70 first cousins. One of them must work on these things. I'm going to a wedding next weekend and will have to ask around. Take care all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks