What's new

Panasonic EH 80 hookup... (1 Viewer)

Matt Brighton

Stunt Coordinator
I know this works, because I've done it before. Let me describe what I'm trying to do (and for the life of me, can't replicate).

I have this unit (Panasonic) and I want to make a backup copy of a DVD I made from this unit. Well, as we know, once a disc is finalized (on this unit), you can't burn it back into memory. So I have another DVD player hooked into it so that I could burn the DVD back into the HDD (I deleted the original). But, I'm not getting any picture or sound.

What's the correct hookup configuration? Anyone, anyone...

Thanks in advance!

SteveK

Supporting Actor
Matt - I'm not familiar with your Panasonic, but I'd first check that you're using the right input. My Toshiba offers 3 sets of inputs, including one on the front (Input 2). If you didn't switch inputs from the one you normally use, it's "looking' for the signal from that set of inputs rather than the one you're actually using.

Other than that, it should be a simple matter of connecting the outputs of your other DVD player to the inputs of your Panasonic. You'll probably use S-Video and regular RCA stereo connections.

Good luck!
Steve K.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
The E80 has three inputs, L1, L2 and L3. They are located after the highest numbered channel, or you can sequence through them using a button on the remote towards the top labeled "Input".

On the other hand - I have never attempted what you want to do, so I'm not 100% about what I'm about to say. The E80 will not copy a copy-protected dvd. That's well and good; however, it is my understanding that it also won't copy a dvd originally made on the E80. For instance, if you've dubbed a non-copy protected source such as a home movie to DVD-R, the E80 adds copy protection and you can't copy it back. That's really stupid, if true. The E85, I've read, does not have this limitation. Someday, when I have nothing to do, I'll try to verify this.

Matt: If what you're trying to do is play the "unfinalized" dvd from the extra unit onto the EH80 hard drive, forget it. Unfinalized discs won't play on anything except the burner that made 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks