Panasonic DVR image trouble?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by chuckg, Oct 8, 2005.

1. chuckg

chuckg Supporting Actor

I just added a DVR to the pile of goodies in my HT. I have one annoying trouble with it, though. At least on one television station, the image is somewhat dark, grainy, and the color is too saturated as compared to what I see on the TV tuner. Two notes - one, I'm not using cable or satellite, because I refuse to pay for commercials. and, I'll have to edit this later to include the model number of the DVR. ( 100Meg HD plus DVD burner. Panny. )

There are adjustments to the input and output of the DVR to make the image "lighter" and "darker" but there isn't enough control to bring the image back to the quality I'm used to.

I don't happen to have any test equipment, but I know the station I like to record comes in plenty hot - sometimes too hot.

Does anyone know if I could add some little gizmo that lets me tweak the signal?

2. chuckg

chuckg Supporting Actor

Self-consciously bumping my post, here.

The DVR is the Panasonic DMR-EH50

If I compare the output image from the DVR to the image I get from the TV antenna in, the DVR image has stronger color and greater contrast. The TV is a Toshiba 36". The DVR output goes to the TV via Component cable.

I have been unable to get the two images to match. Any thoughts?