Panasonic DVDRV31K vs Pioneer DVD-333

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by McPaul, Sep 18, 2001.

1. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    Quick question.. My work is giving me a gift for my service etc etc.... Nothing really interests me in the range of what I can get, so I thought I'd pick up the Panasonic player that is available, and just sell it for the most $$$ I could get for it.
    The question I have is this. I've had the Pioneer 333 player for over a year now... I like it, except the disk spin noise is quite noticeable now. Would I be better off keeping the Panasonic I can get from my work, and selling the 1 year old Pioneer? or continue as planned and sell the Panasonic new in box?
    ------------------
    THAT'S just EVIL!!!! and EVIL is WRONG!!!!!

2. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Personally the transport noise was to much for my likeing so the panny would be my choice. Really given the really low price these players go for in the US you won't loose much much money selling the Pioneer vs the Panny
    ------------------
    http://www.attcanada.ca/~itisi

3. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    long time no talk, Andrew!! so how has your setup changed in the last...ohhhh 4 months or so??
    I can also get a Panasonic 20" TV for the same number of 'points'... but I think the DVD player might have the better resale value...
    ------------------
    THAT'S just EVIL!!!! and EVIL is WRONG!!!!!

4. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Paul new in the last 4 months? hmmm I think the only thing new in that time frame would be the [​IMG]
    [Edited last by Andrew Pratt on September 18, 2001 at 10:52 AM]

5. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

Andrew,
    are you still using the Panny A-320? Mine won't play 2 recently purchased discs that play fine on my PS2, and I'm looking for a replacement as I no longer trust Panasonics. This thing is only a year old, love the picture but it's getting to be a crapshoot as to whether it will play new discs.
    I thought you were having problems with yours recently, wondered what happenned- did you get it fixed or replace it?
    ------------------
    Steve S.
    I prefer not to push the subwoofers until they're properly run in.

6. Jonathan Lofgren

Jonathan Lofgren Stunt Coordinator

If it were me I would keep the Panasonic. There's nothing like getting something new to play with.