Panasonic DVD XP-30 owners----Ever had trouble reading DVD-R's?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Derek B, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Derek B

Derek B Stunt Coordinator

My new Panasonic DVD XP-30 does not like playing the end of my DVD-R. It plays the entire DVD ok, but near the last couple of minutes of the video, the player starts to choke and the screen partially freezes and skips. You know what I am talking about, as if the laser or disc has some dust stuck on it.

Any ideas what might be causing this? I already verified that my other DVD player played the disc fine all the way through.
    Thanks,

2. Don_Berg

Don_Berg Supporting Actor

Thats caused by cheap media, don't fill the DVD-R to the max.

3. NghiaTran

NghiaTran Agent

Hey derek. I know what you are experiencing. I have a Panasonic XP50 and for the first few months, I almost gave up on burning dvds. It seems that the lasers on the Panasonics are very sensitive to bad media. I finally switched brands(memorex) and the Dvds played flawlessly. However, I began to make labels and stuck them onto the disks and discovered that it started to do the same thing. So most important is to find media that is compatible with your player and your dvd burner. Try different disk and see what works for you. I almost gave away my burner too but Im glad I didnt. Hope this helps.