What's new

Panasonic DVD XP-30 owners----Ever had trouble reading DVD-R's? (1 Viewer)

Derek B

Stunt Coordinator
My new Panasonic DVD XP-30 does not like playing the end of my DVD-R. It plays the entire DVD ok, but near the last couple of minutes of the video, the player starts to choke and the screen partially freezes and skips. You know what I am talking about, as if the laser or disc has some dust stuck on it.

Any ideas what might be causing this? I already verified that my other DVD player played the disc fine all the way through.
Thanks,

NghiaTran

Agent
Hey derek. I know what you are experiencing. I have a Panasonic XP50 and for the first few months, I almost gave up on burning dvds. It seems that the lasers on the Panasonics are very sensitive to bad media. I finally switched brands(memorex) and the Dvds played flawlessly. However, I began to make labels and stuck them onto the disks and discovered that it started to do the same thing. So most important is to find media that is compatible with your player and your dvd burner. Try different disk and see what works for you. I almost gave away my burner too but Im glad I didnt. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks