What's new

Panasonic DVD-S97 shots(from Canada catalog) (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Looks very promising. Curse you Panasonic for not offering the 97S in a 5 disc carousel version!!

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Anybody know if the new Panasonic Receiver's will have a HDMI Input like it's shown in the drawing. I would think if the DVD Player & TV have it that at least one Panasonic Receiver model should have it to.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Yes, the upcoming Panasonic SA-XR70 receiver (with digital amps) will have a HDMI input.

David Judah

Screenwriter
Thanks for posting the pics, Matt--I've been waiting a long time for these units, so I wish they'd hurry up and release them. I'm really curious if the HDMI connection will offer a decided advantage for DVD-A playback.

DJ

matt-f

Second Unit
Np! =)

Speaking of that, the XR70 pic catalog is now posted at the beginning of the thread.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
The Panasonic S97 sure looks like it could meet alot of needs. De-interlacing, scaling and HDMI (DVI). I wonder if it has the auto-pillar-boxing that the F85/F87 have.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
It should be able to because if you look at the features listed show it has similar control to the F87 which I think had the full aspect ratio stretch and squeeze control. I know the F85 had auto-pillar boxing, which was nice.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Someone at AVS mentioned that the SRP for Canada was going to be $399 CDN. I don't know where they got that information from.

matt-f

Second Unit
Pricing information is unknown for both US and Canada as I already asked them a while back.

The 399 is a rumor.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Hope to hear more about this player soon. Possible pricing, some reviews, maybe an earlier release date :D

Danny Beck

Stunt Coordinator
I've been wondering when they are gonna release that darn S97? Didn't they give an April date at CES?

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
This play is supposed to ship June 21 or so, according to a poster on AVS. Even though the Canadian Catalog states that the player will have faroudja, there is talk that now it WILL NOT have faroudja.

Ralph B

Supporting Actor
I could have sworn I walked by a pile of these at CC yesterday. I know it wasnt the lesser models. wondered what it was but just kept walking cause I thought it was a 480p machine. im gonna go back and look today to see if it were my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks