Panasonic DVD-RP82S in stock at Crutchfield.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KeithH, Jul 28, 2002.

1. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

I just noticed tonight that Crutchfield has the Panasonic DVD-RP82S progressive-scan DVD-Audio player in stock for $229.99. The 'S' in the model number indicates that this is the silver version. I assume that there is or will be a black version, but Crutchfield does not have it up on its web site. Here is a link to the silver version at Crutchfield:
    http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...VRP82S&o=m&a=0

2. MikeSRC

MikeSRC Second Unit

Keith -
    There's been a lot of speculation and reports from Panasonic reps that say there either will be a black and chrome version to go along with the silver and chrome version currently available (the RP82S). The last few Panny reps I've spoken to now say that there will only be the "S" version.
    I'd love to see a black version, but your guess is as good as anyone's at this point. [​IMG]

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Mike, thanks for the information. It would be odd if Matsushita only released the 'RP82 in silver, especially since there is an 'S' in the model number. As I recall, the 'RP91 came out last year, both colors were not immediately available. Perhaps black version of the 'RP82 will come out later on.

4. Gregg Z

Gregg Z Stunt Coordinator

Hi Keith,

Actually the online retailers are the ones adding the "S" and "K" to the model number. If you go to the official Panasonic website, you will see that the RP82 does NOT have a color designator in its model number like the other DVD players.

5. MikeSRC

MikeSRC Second Unit