Panasonic Dvd-rp82

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JamesSt, Jan 7, 2003.

1. JamesSt

JamesSt Auditioning

http://www.av-outlet.com might have 1 Panasonic DVD-RP82 left. I just oreded mine yesterday and the salesman told me they had 2 left including the one i just ordered. Just wanted to let everyone know.

2. Alex.D

Alex.D Agent

I don't want to crap on your thread, but, since you aren't selling the player, I feel I may be justified in saying this...

At $259, they'll have units available for a while, it's above MSRP. I thought the whole point of the RP82 was that it was an overachieving player for about two hundred bucks. At nearly $300, you can add another hundred bucks and have your choice of the Denon DVD-1600, or the Pioneer DV-45A with SACD and bass management.

For two hundred, it makes sense...

3. JamesSt

JamesSt Auditioning

no shipping and no tax are added to that $260.00 price though. So it's not too bad for an online order.

4. John Besse

John Besse Supporting Actor

John
    Ok, what a rip off! Lol, but I still ordered one. After what I've read and heard about this player, I couldn't turn it down. Anyways, the Pioneer player still has the chroma bug. So, you're getting that RP82 at $259 shipped. I couldn't refuse. Even though it is a bit pricey, and over the MSRP... I've wanted to pick one up, and I'm going to pay the price. Thanks for the thread.

- John

5. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I've been looking seriously at the Pioneer 45A it seems like a nice "Do All" Player. One negative is that I don't think it'll play DVD+R discs from my burner.

6. Troy_A

Troy_A Auditioning

I bought a new RP82 about two months ago for only $206 shipped with no tax. Has something changed since that time? Why are they so expensive now? (I'm not kidding. I really want to know.)

7. Alex.D

Alex.D Agent

Low supply and (IMO - mistaken) high demand.

Then again, for pure HT duty, it _is_ supposed to have a damn nice mpeg decoder, Faroudja deinterlacer and both coax and optical out.

8. MickB

MickB Agent

The price has gone up to $299

9. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member
    Supporter

Doug
    A used RP82 just sold for $410 on eBay. The feeding frenzy has begun!

10. JeffreyMercado

JeffreyMercado Second Unit

I called up Panasonnic and they referred me to this place called sound center. They were supposed to be the last ones to have it. They were supposed to get the last two shipments of the product. When I called today the guy told me panasonic e-mailed him and cancelled his orders. He did mention that a replacement would be coming in February. The model number is DVD S55S, retail $150. It is supposed to have the same insides, I doubt it.