Panasonic DVD-RP62S for $129.99 with FREE Shipping

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Parker Clack, Jan 6, 2003.

1. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    BestBuy - Panasonic DVD-RP62S Faroudja Equipped Progressive Scan DVD Player for $129.99 with FREE Shipping.
    This is the best price around for this player. It`s a good one too. They just dropped the price from $179.99 to $129.99. Just place it in your cart and you`ll see the correct price. I`m not sure how long this sale will last. Ground shipping is free right now too. Don`t settle for a low end player when you can get one of these. To find it, click here and search for: RP62S.
    Parker

2. MikeM

MikeM Screenwriter

Good price, only an average player though. [​IMG]
    I had one for about 2 weeks, and the thing choked on DVD-Rs, even though there is some DVD-R support listed on the specs.
    The video also had quite a bit of artifacts in comparison to other players. [​IMG]
    I know the Panasonic RP82 is getting very difficult to find, but if you can, I'd highly recommend the RP82 over the RP62 for the video quality alone.

3. Chris Shelly

Chris Shelly Second Unit

I decided to pick up RP62 this morning at Best Buy for $129. I originally wanted an RP82 but I gave up looking. I researched this model and it is rated very high but not as high as high as the RP82. I figured for the price it might be worth an experiment. I currently have a Toshiba SD-K710 (Costco SD3800) and it has the chroma bug. Very noticeable on my 57HDX82. If I don't see a noticeable difference I might take advantage of the 30 day return policy at Best Buy. However I do have 2 sick (Sampo DVE-611 junk and RCA 5200P first generation relic) DVD players so the purchase might not be totally out of line. Girlfriend thinks I am sick...LOL

Hopefully the movie Signs will show up today and I will do some comparison shots after a full screening tonight. I will post my results here on the forum. For $129 this player might be a bargain even if it is not as good as the RP-82.