What's new

Panasonic DVD recorder questions (1 Viewer)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Maybe this info will help answer Phils' queston about E80 hardrive recordings...from Panasonic's site:

High-Speed Recording2
Record from the hard disk to a DVD-RAM disc at up to 12x speed. A one-hour program can be transferred in EP mode from hard disk to DVD-RAM disc in five minutes.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Scott:

Apex is releasing the model ADR1000 which is a progressive DVD + PVR with a 40G HD. I haven't been able to find out the kind of inputs it has yet. Amazon has it listed for $249.95. It has not been released yet and no info on it is on the Apex home page.

Parker

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Parker,

From reading Apex's press release on the ADR1000, it appears that this is a DVD player (not recorder) with PVR capabilities. It does not say anything regarding DVD recording. Here's the blurb from the press release:

Scheduled for delivery in Q3 2002, The new full size Apex DRX 9000 DVD recorder allows up to four hours of DVD+R/ +RW recording per disc, DVD+RW simple editing, 2x and 4x zoom, and frame by frame advance — in addition to all
the other features it shares with the ADR 1000 model. DRX 9000 input/outputs include progressive-interlaced component video output, interlaced component video input, S-video input/output, composite video input/output, optical and
coaxial digital audio output, and analog stereo input/output.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
My PC will not read thre Panasonic DVD-RAM disc that came with my E50.

David Susilo

Screenwriter
of course not! unless your PC comes with a RAM reader, no amount of effort will allow you to read a RAM disc on your PC.

It's like saying that your CD-ROM won't read Playstation discs.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I knew that it would not, but I tried anyway. I have been using a JVC DVHS player to transfer my vhs tapes to dvd with the E50. Wow! The DVHS machine really cleans up the noise on VHS. It blows away my 4 year old marantz SVHS player. My guess is that the 3DNR mode on the the JVC really cleans up the noise. Not to change the thread topic, but are there newer VCRs that are not DVHS, that would give me similar results on regular VHS tapes? The JVC is not mine. Im going to be posting images to my website shortly showing DVD-Rs that Ive made, and results from various vcrs.

David Susilo

Screenwriter
you can buy a broadcast video processors (cheaper ones are from Panasonic and JVC) that has Time Base Correction, Noise Reduction, Colour Correction, Tint, RGB control, etc etc etc.

However, it will still be cheaper for you to buy the DVHS if you want a set-and-forget operation.

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Well, I ordered the E80 about 5 minutes before the sale and coupon expired at One Call. I almost want to be on the second shipment so I can hear others' experiences with it. Hopefully any bugs were shaken out with the HS2. Scott was there much hassle when you canceled?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The E80 only records in two channel (DD2.0). Also, there is no digital audio input -- only two channel analog. Units should be reaching dealers right about now.

videobruce

Stunt Coordinator
I have converted well over 100 VHS, SVHS and Laserdisc, as well as recorded 70 movies from DirecTV to DVD-R. Based on my experience I am sold on DVD-R /RAM and the Panasonic recorders. I will more than likely purchase the E80 when it is released the end of June.
Can you tell the difference between the copy and the orginal S-VHS and Laserdisc?

BTW; hello neighbor

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks