What's new

Panasonic DVD-CV51 (1 Viewer)

Adam Kuhns

Grip
I'm in the market to buy a new DVD player. I've had just about all I can take with my Philips. I don't have component video inputs on my TV so a progressive player would be a waste of money. I have my sights set on a Panasonic DVD-CV51. It's been out for a while though, so has a better, non-progressive changer been released in that time? I don't know if it's possible to top the CV51 from what I've heard, but you never know.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
For what its worth, I like my CV51. Works ok. No errors yet myself. I like the MP3 CDR/CDRW playback. It is a tad slow at turning on and recognizing CD's, but otherwise, its fine. Video output is fine. Audio is ok too. Good player. I highly recommend a 5 disc DVD changer because its nice to have both DVD's in the player, or have the extra's disc in the player aswell as the DVD. The movie is 2 DVD's long? Why get up and switch DVD's. What is this? A single sided LD player? NO way! I know, not many movies are on more than one DVD, but if they are, no problem. Also, you can always have a CDR or 2 in the DVD changer which gives you quick access to fave songs, while still leaving 2 or 3 spots to swap DVD's in and out of the player. Its a simple convenience.

Kimmo

Auditioning
Chris, does your player display "time remaining" on your DVDs? I can't for the life of me figure out how to show this, if it's even capable of doing this. Anyone know if this can be done?

Kimmo

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
No, I don't think it displays time remainging for DVD's or CD's or anything else. That is one of the few things I don't like about the player. Since its just my DVD player, its ok. I would prefer a time remaining. If there is a way to do this, I'd liek to know too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks