Panasonic DVD-A players Different models??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Art Miller, Nov 20, 2001.

1. Art Miller

Art Miller Stunt Coordinator

Ok, Everyone is familiar with the RP-91, and we know that except for a few examples in Canada, the RP-61 never made it to market. The RN-61 is the non-progressive version of the 65 and has recently been introduced. I just read in 2 different English rags about a RV-71.

What is this? Is it a European version of the 61? Any idea how the audio quality of the 61 or the 71 compare to the 91? From what few specs i can find on the 61, it seems pretty similiar to the 91. Anyone have anything to add? Giving up a progressive output for a cheaper unit ($225 vs $425) sure seems attractive, provided that there isn't too much difference in the audio sections. Anyone have any more details???

2. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Yesterday, I went into my local Video Only store near work and came upon the Panasonic RP60. It's non-progressive scan DVD-Audio/Vidio player. The saleman said it just got in. On the outside, it has a headphone jack with volume control and a numeric pad for direct access. It was selling for US$229.95 and the saleman said he will knock down another $15.00 for me if I purchase right there and then. Oh, the player was made in Japan, if that matters. I got a Toshiba 4700 last week, but I am going to exchange it for this Panasonic since I can't afford to have a HDTV-capable TV for progressive scan.

3. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

The Panasonic RA-60 is the new non-progressive DVD-Audio player that just became available a few weeks ago. Here my review of it:
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=14776
    With Panasonic the second letter gives some info as to what the player does, A for DVD-Audio, V for non-progressive DVD-Video player or Progressive DVD-Video or DVD-Audio player.