What's new

Panasonic DP-UB820-K is on sale at Amazon right now (1 Viewer)

Jeff_L

Agent
A couple bucks less than $400 right now, if anyone was holding out for a sale. Being sold be Amazon themselves. I guess 3rd party sellers have sold it for a bit less in the past, but currently no 3rd party sellers. Sale has been going on for at least a couple of days, could end at any time.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
It's currently on sale at that price at a few different competitors, including Best Buy, Crutchfield and B&H (and you can save the equiv of sales tax to boot at B&H, if you have their Payboo credit card)...

Amazon is pretty much never the only substantial etailer to have anything at whatever best sale prices anymore (unless it's Amazon's own branded products). They're almost always just pricematching a competitor...

And in this case, the $400 sale price is an oft-enough recurring theme for this player.

_Man_

Jeff_L

Agent
It's currently on sale at that price at a few different competitors, including Best Buy, Crutchfield and B&H (and you can save the equiv of sales tax to boot at B&H, if you have their Payboo credit card)...

Amazon is pretty much never the only substantial etailer to have anything at whatever best sale prices anymore (unless it's Amazon's own branded products). They're almost always just pricematching a competitor...

And in this case, the $400 sale price is an oft-enough recurring theme for this player.

_Man_
Thanks for the tip about B&H and no sales tax. I thought I was going to be stuck going with Amazon because I was going to use some credit card reward points, but since B&H takes PayPal, I was still able to use those reward points. Appreciate it! B&H sale ends at 11:59PM 25 Dec, so I assume the sales at Amazon and Best Buy will end at the same time. If people want it at this cheaper price, you have about a day and a half!

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Thanks for the tip about B&H and no sales tax. I thought I was going to be stuck going with Amazon because I was going to use some credit card reward points, but since B&H takes PayPal, I was still able to use those reward points. Appreciate it! B&H sale ends at 11:59PM 25 Dec, so I assume the sales at Amazon and Best Buy will end at the same time. If people want it at this cheaper price, you have about a day and a half!
Payboo is over and done with at B&H:

1640359792738.png

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Payboo is over and done with at B&H:

View attachment 122231

Apparently, not exactly.

As discussed in the Payboo thread in the Bargains section, they're apparently switching banks for Payboo. However, as part of the transition, the existing, old Payboo card program will officially/technically be terminated to be replaced by the new one serviced by some other bank... and existing members will need to reapply when they're ready in the new year (around mid-Jan or so).

Bummer if you want to apply now for some last minute, year-end shopping...

_Man_

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Bummer if you want to apply now for some last minute, year-end shopping...
Thanks for the clarification. That's the point I was making, since it impacted the guy in this thread looking for a way to save on sales tax for the Panny player that's on sale right now.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
As @ManW_TheUncool mentioned, Payboo is not over -- B&H is just switching the card over to a new bank. Here is the thread where it has been discussed. The thread is in the Photography section of After Hours, so it probably doesn't get a lot of views there.
B&H could have worded their notice a little more clearly. ;)

Jeff_L

Agent
Ummmm...is there some rule against saying PayPal or something? Anyway, I have a credit card tied to my PayPal account, I don't have a PayPal credit card. The credit card I have tied to my PayPal account has cash back/reward points, I was able to use those towards my purchase and that knocked off some extra money.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Ummmm...is there some rule against saying PayPal or something? Anyway, I have a credit card tied to my PayPal account, I don't have a PayPal credit card. The credit card I have tied to my PayPal account has cash back/reward points, I was able to use those towards my purchase and that knocked off some extra money.
No. Payboo is something completely different.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Oh, didn't even look for anything about Payboo, when I paid with PayPal, it showed my taxes at $0, so I was happy. Best of luck to everyone else looking to save a few $s!
My only guess is that your State doesn't require them to collect sales tax.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks