Panasonic DMRE80H Question

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Bruce Berti, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Bruce Berti

Bruce Berti Stunt Coordinator

Is there a setting so when you go to the navigator it doesnt auto play a selection? I find this annoying.

2. DustinLC

DustinLC Supporting Actor

Bruce, I can't be sure but doesn't it auto play your last selection. And if you haven't watched anything since you last powered off, it auto plays your last recording.

That isn't too bad. What would you prefer, a blank screen when you hit the navigator? Like having a blank page when you enter internet explorer?

3. Bruce Berti

No, I would rather it just keeps playing the normal channel that your cable box is tuned to thats all.

4. DustinLC

DustinLC Supporting Actor

I see. I never thought much about it because I take hitting the Navigator button is like turning on your DVD player. You see what's in your dvd player. What you kind of want is like playing your VCR and seeing what's on TV at the same time. When you enter the HDD/Navigator, you're there in the harddrive.

5. Phil Tomaskovic

Phil Tomaskovic Supporting Actor

I think you want to be able to see what you are navigating to, also. I like that you can hit fast forward, etc. If I don't program the title, I can see what's there; especially if I got a commercial at the beginning of the recording.

I wish, though, that the audio of the current channel would stay on when programming an event. I hate that I can't program and listen to whatever was playing. Especially, since that is how my vcr works.

6. Michael Fein

Michael Fein Auditioning

On my Pioneer 510, when I press the 'Navigator' button on the remote, this also happens. But if I push the 'return' button on the remote, it will show the thumbnails without any playback. Are you sure your Panasonic unit does not have this type of feature??

7. Loran Bailey

Loran Bailey Auditioning

Bruce, I'm with you on this. I don't like when it does that either. I'm still learning the basics on mine so if I forget out how to avoid that, I'll post again. Mean time, if you figure it out, be sure to post here too.

8. Bruce Berti

Still havent figured it out. Its a minor complaint on a almost perfect machine.

9. Loran Bailey

Loran Bailey Auditioning

The more I get to know it, the more I like it of course. I'm not too crazy about the "shorten segment" feature though. It takes too long to edit out commercials. Have you figured another way to do this?