1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Panasonic DMR E85 and E80H questions

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Phil Tomaskovic, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Phil Tomaskovic

Phil Tomaskovic Supporting Actor

I already have an E80 and am think of getting a E85 also. Do the remotes use the same frequency? Ie, will the power button on the e85 also affect the e80? I know my vcr remote has 2 buttons on it so you can use the same remote for 2 vcrs but you can select which one to use (vcr-a,b). I'm don't really care if I have to use 2 remotes, I'm more concerned about using the remote for 1 and having it affect the other (especially a power or stop button).

Also could I stack them on top of each other or would heat be an issue.

Basically, the 2nd recorder is mainly for time shifting recording. I thought for $450 for the E85, tat's is competitive with a tivo after paying a full subscription (I know tivo has more features, but not sure if I need them.

2. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

All Panasonic DVD players and recorders use the same remote IR codes. However, the E80 (and I assume the E85) allow you to change its code. See page 46 of the E80 manual for instructions on how to do this.

I had a similar issue, since I have a Panasonic RP-91 player and E80 recorder in the same rack. Changing the E80 to Remote 2 solved the problem.

3. Phil Tomaskovic

Phil Tomaskovic Supporting Actor

thanks Scott!