Panasonic DMR-E80H errors

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Jeremy K, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Jeremy K

Jeremy K Stunt Coordinator

I have a panasonic dvd recorder, and lately sometimes when I erase something, it takes a long time and I hear clicking sounds coming from the recorder. Now I just deleted something and the recorder said "error" on the front and it shut down and restarted. When I restarted it said something about error again and said to hit Enter. After I did it reset again. Not it is on and shows live TV, but if I try and watch recorded TV, it was just going to a black screen and the display just says "play".

Now I can get to the recorded TV, but it is all mixed up. When I select on program, it will just start in the middle of another program. And even though I have room on the HD, the programs I have set to record all show an exclamation mark by them like they are not going to record.

Any ideas on what to do? I was going to just format and see if that does anything, but I would like to keep some of the programs if possible.

Thanks for any help.

2. Dave Ringkor

Dave Ringkor Stunt Coordinator

Copy any programs you want to keep to DVD-RAM(s), format the HDD, and then copy your programs back. I don't know if this will help, but I do it from time to time just in case. I wonder if your hard drive isn't going bad, and if so, can it be replaced -- possibly by a larger drive?

3. Jeremy K

Jeremy K Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the reply. I am having more trouble now, programs I record will pause and start again constantly while watching them. I am going to try to get in contact with Panasonic and see if it can be fixed. I like the larger HD idea[​IMG] .