What's new

PANASONIC DMR-E20 Technical Problem...Help! (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I just purchased a floor model of this unit for a reasonable price, but I've run into a snag not covered in the owner's manual, and the waiting time for a "customer service representative" at the 800 number is ridiculous, so I'm hoping someone out there can help. This machine will apparently not allow me to finalize a disc. I've recorded the program, played it back (looks great!) and all, but when I push the "top menu" button, the machine goes into "play mode" and I get a chapter menu on screen. No icons for any function including, of course, finalizing. I have made sure the machine is in "stop" mode. I have opened and closed the tray and tried the "top menu" button, but no luck. Have tried turning machine off, then on, etc. I have followed the instructions in manual and checked the troubleshooting chart. No help. Anyone out there know if I'm doing something wrong? THANKS!

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
Make sure the disc you're trying to finalize is a DVD-R (& not DVD-RAM). Put the disc in & leave it in 'Stop' mode. Press 'Top Window' button (not 'Top Menu') & goto 'Disc Settings'. That's where you can 'Title' the disc & 'Finalize' it.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Many thanks for your help! All that sweat over nothing - I was misreading "top window" as "top menu," not even thinking about the buttons on the machine itself. All is well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks