What's new

Panasonic DMPBD10 now available (1 Viewer)

dkny75

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Danny
Has anyone on this forum order the Panny yet? I wanted to hear first hand user reports on it.

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder

Yes it did. I find that really strange considering how important audio (as much as video) is to home theatres in general. I'm an avid Globe & Mail reader and I was kinda surprised to find any kind of review on the DMP-BD10 this early, especially here in Canada. :laugh:

Ben_Williams

Second Unit
Real Name
Ben Williams
Tweeter is delivering mine on Monday. I'm VERY excited... it's going to be a LONG wait until Monday.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Greed will be the one thing that kills Blu-ray. Prices keep going up on the players. Can someone tell these people their going the wrong direction?

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Must... wait.... for.... PS3...... :D

I'm so tempted by the standalone players. Ben, can you drop us a quick impression of what you think later today?

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
It's amazing...

As an early adopter of SD-DVD back in the day...

I paid 500 bucks for my first RCA player... The thing still runs perfectly to this day..... Solid player and it played everything I put into it (sans my underwear!).

I am in at 500 bucks now with HD-DVD......

Would LOVE to enter the BluRay camp but the price of admission is so over the top that I in no way can afford it.....

Awaiting a cheap ticket to enter, but the tickets keep going in the wrong direction.... At this point, seems to me that these formats (HD and BD) are moving down the road to what use to be the Laserdisc camp.

Again... BluRay does appeal to me..... yet, BluRay has priced themselves out of my market....

Dugger

Ben_Williams

Second Unit
Real Name
Ben Williams
I just picked up my Panny DMP-BD10 today. I'll be running some tests this evening and will report back on my initial impressions.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

I've removed the last two posts from this thread because of the following:

Again, this section of the forum was setup for owners of Blu-ray players and those who are not, who may have questions about the Blu-ray format. I've seen too many posts from HD DVD player owners that are not asking questions, but instead are invoking their opinion that Blu-ray is an inferior format to HD DVD. Furthermore, I've notice some Blu-ray advocates posting their non-related opinion about this format without even owning such a player as of yet.

Please, respect our posting guidelines to this area as well as the HD DVD owner area. If not, further disciplinary action will take place without any further warnings.

Crawdaddy

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
My friend picked up his Panasonic player this past Thursday and we gave it a spin when we got it back to his house. From the 10-20 minutes I got to experience it, the machine looked and sounded very nice. Setup seemed to be very easy, the picture was nice and sharp, currently sharper than the Samsung I own (hopefully the upcoming firmware disc will remedy this issue) and the audio had a very nice kick to it (we tested the 'Eight Below' disc that comes with the player and 'Underworld Evolution' on the player. NOTE: 'UE' looked MUCH nicer on the Panasonic than it did the Samsung).

I wish I could give you more details on the machine, but the time I got to spend using it was very brief. But, I have seen it in action at one's house (on a properly calibrated 61" Samsung DLP) and, if I had not purchased a Samsung BR player (which, slight issues aside, I am happy with) a couple of weeks ago, would have given serious thought to (if I could find it for a bit less than the $1300 retail price). If you have one on order, I think you will be very happy with your purchase. After reading the emails my friend has sent me about it since his purchase, I know he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks