What's new

Panasonic DMP-BD85K Blu Ray Player on Sale for $138 from Panasonic Thru Dec. 4 (1 Viewer)

Wizard

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Ostradick
I have gotten the bug recently to update my DVD player to Blu Ray and have encountered several challenges along the way. I have a Denon AVR-2803 running JM Lab Sib surround sound speaker system and a Mitsubishi WS-55511 55" rear projection HDTV. This equipment is all about 7 years old now.

I found that to get all the connectivity to my Denon AV receiver I needed the Blu Ray player to have both analog audio outputs along with a coaxial audio output to best take advantage of the older DVD sound processing as well as the newer BD sound processing. I found there are very few BD players that have both of these features. When I was noodling around the internet to see what even had these features the Panasonic DMP-BD85K surfaced as one of those. I went to the Panasonic site to see what other lesser players they offered that might have these features as I have been trying to keep within a budget and find the BD85K is on sale for $138 where it is selling for over $200 everywhere else. Here is a link to the listing on Panasonic's website.

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/shop/Video/Blu-ray-Disc-Players/model.DMP-BD85K.S_11002_7000000000000005702#tabsection

Final price, shipping included, to the Kansas City area came to $151. And I thought I was going to have to settle.

I can't explain how much I enjoy finding a bargain on exactly what I am looking for.

Mike O.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I have one of Panasonic's older models, the DMP-BD60, and I absolutely love it. The only thing I find lacking on it is the lack of DivX/Xvid codec support, and that's not an issue with the DMP-BD85K.

cgard73

Auditioning
Real Name
craig
I ordered my panasonic BD-85K on November 25th from their website for $138. It was supposed to ship in 1-3 days. Now they tell me it is back-ordered for at least 5 weeks. I passed on several other Black-Friday deals to get this player as a x-mas gift. I'll probably have to go somewhere at the last minute and pick one up if they don't come through.

Sincerely,

Former Panasonic Customer

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Successful Funds
Recent bookmarks