Panasonic DMP-BD10 : take a look inside ...

actarusfleed

Auditioning
Real Name
francesco
Hi to all this is my first post.
At first I would like to excuse for my poor English.
Sorry.
I'm writing fron italy ... in my country the blu-era is not yet started so I read with a lot of interest all your posts and I'm planning to get a panny as soon as it 'll arrive.
I read some other posts about the panny where someone has expressed his own curiosity to know the installed components in the player.
I don't have idea if some magazine has already published such informations too ... if not this is my gift to you all.

Click here to view the darkside of the panny.

All this photos and infos was taken from a local paper-magazine.

Bye,
Actarus.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the info and pics. So technically you could pull that drive out and use it as a BD burner in your computer?

actarusfleed

Auditioning
Real Name
francesco

It seems that the firmware of the drive in the panny is different from the firmware installed in the PC-burners.
Without this firmware the unit do not work in a PC!
Anyway if someone can find online the firmware for the pc-drive I think that it should works fine.

thanx u so much 4 your welcome.
Bye,
Acta.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy

Thanks gratzi too for the pic Actarus! Now, I demand you retract your appology. I know hillbillies that have been speaking bad "Anglish" for all their lives that can hardly sign their silly name, and most certainly couldn't make a coherent post to this, or any other forum. You're doing good! Welcome!

The Panasonic is a nice player or so it seems from the 4 days I've had one.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor

That's pretty interesting. I'm sure one of those guys that write region-free firmware for DVD burners, can probably tackle something like this.

macgyver

Auditioning
Real Name
aron orpin
lets just hope that down the track, they do a firmware update to enable disc burning on the drive

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaywess