What's new

Panasonic DLP or LCD (1 Viewer)

RyanQ

Grip
I'm thinking about getting one of the following two TVs:

Panasonic 61" LCD (PT-61LCX65)
Panasonic 56" DLP (PT-56DLX75)

I'm torn between the 2 technologies.

I know that the DLP has 2 HDMI slots, while the LCD only has one. Yet, the LCD (3LCD) is a larger screen size.

I can get them for the same price ($2150), but the LCD has a $200 rebate.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these products or prefer one technology over the other?

Fernand S

Auditioning
I was in the same minefield as you are now. I opted for DLP and I have NO regrets! Lots of people complains about the DVD image quality on the LCDs. Plus the ghosting effect and the light passing through the crystals on black images. Both issues could be a nightmare on sports, movies and video games. LCD will be a great technology, but not yet. IMHO DLP offers a happy medium between the threee technologies (Plasma, LCD, DLP). LCoS is too expensive for the moment. I'm most inclined towards Toshibas DLPs. So If I were you I'll take a look at both brands before buying; if you decide for a DLP.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I'm pretty sold on the LCD RP technology. I sure like the Panasonic's PQ and price point.

I'd go for the screen size.

RyanQ

Grip
John S,

Why are you sold on RP LCD over DLP?

You'd go for the screen size over the 2nd HDMI port?

With the 2nd HDMI port, I could use an upconverting DVD player at some point in the future.

Thoughts?

RustyD

Auditioning
Go for DLP and expansion with the xtra port. You know how things change. At that size what is another 5 inches diagnal???? LCD is not yet ready.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I'm a raibbow see'r big time...

I have installed a couple of these panasonic 61" LCD, they are dang solid.

I'd go with the screen size. Upconverting players are not near the deal on x768 displays was they are on x720 displays in general becasue there is no way to avoid the scaler anyways.

LCD RP seems infinetly more solid to me as well in general.

I'd say DLP has even farther to go as for my preferences on PQ. Pansonics have great color engines in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks