1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Panasonic CV50 5 disc DVD player for $99 brand new!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Vin, Oct 10, 2001.

1. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

I can get this deal today locally at 6th Ave Electronics and was wondering if anyone has this player and what you think of it (I've already read the reviews at audioreview but thought I'd ask here anyway).
    I realize that it's last year's model but for $99 I thought I'd grab one (if they actually have any when I get to their store) even though I don't really need another player.....it's very difficult to pass up what seems to be a great deal! [​IMG]
    Thanks,
    Vin
    ------------------

2. Bob_M

Bob_M Stunt Coordinator

I have had one for the last year or so and it works great. Bob

3. Gordon Moore

Gordon Moore Second Unit

I have that player.
    Be aware that you will not be able to play CD-R's on it. I've tried CD-RW and your mileage will vary but I'd have to say that it can't play CD-RW's to the point where it's listenable. Other than that, it's a great 5-disc player. Very convienent for 2-disc editions. It has a nice down-conversion. And if you can get it at that price, I'd say do it.

4. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

Thanks guys, I just came back from the store....empty handed! There was a line of people a mile long waiting to get into the store......not worth the aggravation.
    Such is life,
    Vin
    ------------------