Panasonic CT27D11 27" TV.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BertFalasco, Dec 30, 2001.

1. BertFalasco

BertFalasco Supporting Actor

People say to take audioreview.com's opinions with a grain of salt. But I don't feel comfortable doing that. I want to be straight forward, I want to buy the Panasonic and it didn't go too well with the picture quality, anyone here have experience with this model, my best friend has the D10 and it looks fine?

Thanks in advance.

-Bert

2. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

I just got this TV from Best Buy about a month ago. I really have had much opportunity to check out all its functions. I hook it up to the cable feed from the wall, and so far, everything is good considering the source. I have also hooked up a Panasonic DVD-RA60 DVD-Audio/Video player to it, and even just using the composite video cables that came with the TV, the picture has been excellent. I am checking out various component video cables so that I can fully explore the TV's capabilities. So far, so good.

3. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

Well, the presents I got for my 9 year old daughter included a DVD and Nintendo 64 to play her Pokemon games with. Oops, the TV in her room didn't have the proper connects for those two things and a VCR, so I went to Sears and got a real good deal on the Panasonic you mentioned. I'm very pleased and so is she. My wife and her watched Bridget Jones Diary last night while I was in the other room. I did stop in and check and my wife told me the TV was great. The picture I saw was very clear and well defined color wise. I did check over at the site you mentioned and some posters cited, if I recall, geometric distortion as a cause for dissatisfaction. I didn't notice it at all, but wasn't really looking that critically.

4. BertFalasco

BertFalasco Supporting Actor

Thank you, some real time buyers. It's sealed, I'll buy it. I'm tired of doing research, this TV is fine. [​IMG]
    Thanks
    -Bert

5. Page

Page Stunt Coordinator

I think that sometimes those people posting reviews at Audio Review are confused as to what model they are talking about. I have heard that the flat screen Panasonics (and Sonys and Toshibas as well) have geometry problems. (I own a Pansonic Tau and it does have "some" geometry problems.)

The CT27D11 isn't a flat screen set. (Of course, it could have geometry problems as well, but anyway...) I own this set also and the picture looks great with its 3 line digital comb filter. So far I've not experienced any problems with this set. (Although I've only had it for about three weeks.)

6. peter_anderson

peter_anderson Stunt Coordinator

i had one for two days and it was not good. the pincusioning was terrible and the built-in cable tuner was sub-par (more "fuzziness" than another panasonic 20" TV. I compared the panasonic to a Toshiba 27" in the same price range.