Panasonic CT-32HX41 Availability/Price

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave_N, Jul 16, 2001.

1. Dave_N

Dave_N Extra

I ordered this set from a local appliance dealer last week and was told it was "back-ordered" by his distributor (NYC based). I called today to get a status and he said the computer told him that expected delivery would be August 31. What gives? Anyone else having a problem getting this set?
    My next step is to contact Sears to see if they have it in stock. Unlikely that I will be able to find a price on the Internet at what this dealer was offering (

2. Andrew Beacom

Andrew Beacom Supporting Actor

Price looks OK. I got my set from Sears 1 week ago. I price matched using : www.advancedvideosystems.com.
    [Edited last by Andrew Beacom on July 16, 2001 at 07:30 PM]

3. Dave_N

Dave_N Extra

Andrew,
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    Well, looks like prices are dropping quick! Last week AVS was at $1329, now $1299. But the killer was the $250 shipping. I noticed that now they require that you call for the shipping cost.
    BTW, Did Sears required that you add the shipping for the price match? If so, then the AVS price would not qualify for a match since they ceased to post shipping.
    More importantly, do you like the set? Any complaints, regrets? I am really concerned about the geometry problems that plagued the ct-32hx40 are still in this set based on a recent posting inwww.audioreview.com.
    Thanks again,
    Dave

4. Randall Z

Randall Z Stunt Coordinator

That was my review at audioreview.com. A serviceman is scheduled to come out to look at it a week from tomorrow. I don't know what he's gonna do, but if it involves going into the shop, I'll just return it. Myer-Emco said they would extend my return period to 60 days to make sure that I was happy. I am just frustrated that the problems from last year's sets are still present in this year's model.

5. Andrew Beacom

Andrew Beacom Supporting Actor

Dave,
    Try my experiences in this thread.
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/006911.html
    The short version is that I have had 2 HX40's and they were both returned. I currently have a HX41 that will be returned for a RPTV when I have decided which one to get.
    The Tau is a good TV and apart from the red push and aggressive SVM the picture is all I wanted. But what has driven me nuts is the geometry problems. Which cannot even be fixed in the service menu's. Panasonic like Sony with the XBR's have decided not to give the user those controls.
    The TV has the vertical/anamorphic squeeze, which was something I really want. But once I saw the squeeze in action I saw the geometry problems.
    Look at this set and the sony in a store and make sure the squeeze is on both. Spend a good 10 mins just watching. Do you see the imperfect straight lines (on all the sets I have seen)? If you do then does it worry you? If it doesn't then this set is possibly the right one for you.
    Like I said I can't stand the lines. I first saw them in Sports news programs and financial news programs. But when my wife saw how bad the tennis court lines looked at Roland Garos and Wimbledon she went ballistic too.
    Give it a test drive at a store.

6. Dave_N

Dave_N Extra

Well prices are dropping atwww.advancedvideosystems.com: ct-32hx41 just dropped to $1236.92. Shipping to a business address in my zipcode was not bad either: ~$80.00. I may try to get Sears to price match in hope that their availability is better. Plus, everyone seems to be very happy with their service.
    Regards,
    Dave