What's new

Panasonic CT-27HL14: pink streaks when using internal scaler with gray colors (1 Viewer)

JohnLinneman

Auditioning
Basically, the problem is that simple. If I view certain shades of gray (or colors close to it), there are some noticible streaks that run vertically on the screen. The image looks very dirty and the most noticible side effect is a bar runng down the center.

This only occurs when running a signal through the internal scaler. When displaying 480p or 1080i material, this problem does not exist.

I have no idea how I could possibly fix this issue or what the problem is in the first place. Any ideas?

John S

Senior HTF Member
Hmm the smart *&$ss answer is to never use the internal scaler. lol So you mean, if you use composite and/or svideo sources? I would assume the internal tuner does not do it?

Interesting issue for sure.

JohnLinneman

Auditioning
Well, it does show up when using component as well.

I'm quite an avid gamer, actually, therefore I have the three current consoles attached to my component switcher (in addition to other devices). The PlayStation 2 does not offer a large number of games capable of 480p (let alone anything more). Therefore, I end up playing a number of lower resolution titles.

I have a couple older device attached via s-video, however.

All non-progressive signals have this issue.

It isn't particularly noticible in most cases, but certain hues show the issue.

External scalers are generally quite expensive, as I'm sure you're aware, but I'd be interested in any lower priced options that might be available (though, I'm not expecting too many options).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks