What's new

Panasonic CP72 for $100 out of Pocket! (1 Viewer)

Me and my wife were at Circuit City over the weekend exchanging some things and doing the usual browsing. Since they've only been open a couple of weeks, they are still doing the grand opening stuff. I noticed that they were registering people in a drawing to get into one of those catch the cash machines. This is where you are in a booth for 30 seconds and a fan below is blowing the Circuit City cash everywhere. So I registered thinking I never win anything why am I even wasting my time. We continued to look and went over to the DVD players and I showed my wife the CP72 and tried to explain how we really needed it. Of course she was like what's wrong with the other 2 DVD players we have. We then walked to the front of the store, it was 2:25 and we were fixing to leave, when I noticed they were going to do the drawing at 2:30, so we decided to stay. Well I have a 3 year old daughter and it never fails she had to go potty right then. So I take her to the rest room with me and she does her business. Then suddenly the door comes flying open and my wife came rushing into the mens rest room yelling that they had called my name! "Holy Sh!t, you gotta be kiddin me", I said. So I run over and get my 30 seconds in the cash machine. After 30 seconds I come out grinnin like a possum with a handful of cash! After they tallied it up I had $170 in CC cash. I looked at my wife and she said well theres your DVD player. So I go over and pick it up, all they have is silver though, but what the hell for $80 bucks I'm not complaining. Although I think I will exchange it for black when they get one in. When I get to the checkout I notice that you get a $20 gift card with the purchase of any DVD player over $179. So we picked up Return to Neverland for my daughter with the $20 gc. That means that I walked out of there with a Panny CP72 for $100 including tax! Now I just have to sell my Panny RP56.

Shane

Gary Hensley

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats on the great deal. I just picked up a the CP72 as well last week and I am very happy with it. My JVC XVD-723GD died on me last week and it just wasn't worth paying for to get it fixed. The Panny has a better picture and although I too wanted black, it is a great buy!

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Shane,
Although I'm happy for you on the DVD player, I really thought that the story was the best part! LOL!!

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks