Panasonic Cp72 Does Have Sage Fli2200 Dcdi Chip! I Took Pics To Proof It!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasonLC, Dec 7, 2002.

1. JasonLC

JasonLC Stunt Coordinator

Well I popped the cover off my Panasonic CP72K disc changer one more time to take a more exetensive look then last time. Another member had mentioned to check on the back of circuit board because that is where the Sage FLI2200 chip is on the RP82. I carefully unplug the circuit board from the connector that was connecting it to the main power supply board. I flipped it over and there was the pretty Sage FLI2200 chip!!! I felt like I struck gold at that moment so I went and got my Finepix 2300 digital camera and shot some hires 1600X1200 pics of it. I am going to downsize the pictures to save bandwidth on my home page though. Does anyone know what the number on the Sage chip mean and why the CP72 Sage chip's numbers are a little higher? These pictures will prove to anyone that doesn't think the CP72 has Sage/Faroudja FLI2200 DCDI deinterlacing does indeed have it by the angles of the pictures showing it is the CP72 that has it. Please enjoy the pictures and feel free to brag at what a wonderful player and deal this player truly is.
    CP72 SAGE CHIP CLOSEUP
    CP72 BACK OF CIRCUIT BOARD
    CP72 FRONT VIEW WITH COVER OFF
    CP72 TOP VIEW WITH COVER OFF
    P.S. - If you know anyplace that will host these pics please tell me. :)

2. Neil Weinstock

Neil Weinstock Stunt Coordinator