What's new

Panasonic CP-72 Question (1 Viewer)

BertB

Auditioning
I have read too much, now I am a little confused. My Panny CP-72 is linked with a Sony STR-DA2ES receiver with internal surround decoder.

In order to play both DVD-Audio and DVD-Video in surround sound do I:

1) Just use the 5/6 channel analog outputs and that will handle both audio and video or

2) hook up both the 5/6 channel analog outputs AND the optical link?

Any other "settings" suggestions will be appreciated.

Bert

Jason Garrett

Stunt Coordinator
Bert, to use the DVD-A you have to hook up the analog 5/6 cables (on my receiver this means selecting the "multichannel" inputs). To use the regular DVD you can use either the optical or the analog. Using the analog will mean that the cp-72 is doing the Dolby or DTS decoding for you while using the optical will mean that your receiver is doing the decoding. Use the one that sounds better to you. When you have both hooked up you have to tell the receiver which one to use (at least on mine). Select either analog/multichannel or optical on the receiver for the DVD input.

As for other suggestions, I'd say to try both the analog and optical inputs for playing cd's and see which one you like the best. I found that the analog sounded better on my system for direct/pure audio modes and the optical for dsp/surround modes. Enjoy your new player!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks