What's new

Panasonic Blu ray to 720p DLP (1 Viewer)

galenc322

Auditioning
Real Name
Galen
I have an older Samsung 720p DLP with DVI input, and tried to hook up a Panasonic blu-ray player to it, but even with HDMI adapter and RGB cables, all I get is a very small picture in the center of the screen. Anyone have any suggestions or am I just out of luck due to compatibility issues?
Thanks,

Brent_S

Second Unit
It helps to know exact model numbers, but I'll put forth a few generalities first.

How do RGB component cables come into the picture? You should most likely be using an HDMI to DVI adapter for your best picture.

Did you tell the Panasonic your display was 16:9?...probably the most likely problem. Is the Samsung input you're using 720p capable, especially the component input you tried ot use. At one point in the move to HD, some TV's shipped with multiple sets of component inputs; some of those inputs accepted HD signals and some only accepted up to 480p from SD-DVD.

-Brent

galenc322

Auditioning
Real Name
Galen
Thanks Brent. By RGB, I meant component inputs, because I thought they would produce an HD output on the TV. I'll go back and check, but I could swear I set the Panny for 16:9. It works fine on my Sony Bravia 42" LCD, just not on the DLP. Yes, I am using an adapter for the DVI input. Again, I get great 720p HD from my Dish 622 DVR, just can't get the Bluray to set up. I'll try a few more configurations and if I can't get it to work, just have to wait til it dies then buy a 1080p set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peteo
Recent bookmarks