What's new

panasonic bd55 & audio sync problem (1 Viewer)

Brad Newton

Second Unit
I have this player connected via hdmi to my Samsung 950 tv & to my Pioneer 45 Elite receiver via digital coax cable. The audio is slightly out of sync. Would connecting via component resolve this? I don't think the Pioneer receiver has an audio delay feature. I did not have this problem when I was using the Pioneer 45 dvd player

Brent_S

Second Unit
Depends on the processing in the 950. The synch issue is usually caused by the video getting behind the audio due to processing. However, there are cases where some receivers' audio processing introduces more delay.

If the 950 is a 1080p set, you'll be limited to 1080i if you use component. You may or may not see the difference.

BTW, if you're going to use digital coax for audio, you could have saved yourself $100 and just gotten the BD35. The main difference is the 55 has 7.1 analog outputs and will process the lossless codecs (TrueHD/DTS-HD) and output via those analog outputs for receivers/processors that don't accept HDMI audio, but do have 5.1/7.1 analog inputs.

-Brent

Brad Newton

Second Unit
That is the reason that I went with the 55 over the 35. I really wasn't aiming to purchase a new surrond receiver at this time.

Brent_S

Second Unit

???? If you connected the 55 to your receiver via digital coax, you're not getting anything from the 55 that you couldn't get from the 35. Well, technically, the 35 only has an optical output, not both coax and optical like the 55.

To take advantage of the 55's onboard analog decoding, you have to connect the 5.1/7.1 analog outputs to the receiver. This opens up a different can of worms as the LFE channel may not be processed correctly via analog in your receiver.

If your receiver accepts HDMI audio, the 35 will decode TrueHD/DTS-HD to MPCM and output via HDMI. IOW, the 35 does decode TrueHD/DTS-HD just like the 55, but it doesn't have the analog output section.

Really don't know how to help you with the audio sync. Checked the 35/55/ manual, but couldn't find anything that looked like the 55 could be set to add some delay when using the analog outputs.

-Brent

Brad Newton

Second Unit
Panasonic told me to change the audio setting from bitstream to pcm to allow the player to decode instead of the receiver

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebox
Recent bookmarks