What's new

Panasonic BD10 firmware 1.4 released (1 Viewer)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Please report here with your questions/findings with this firmware upgrade.

Heresy

Grip
Real Name
Joe
I installed this morning; it took 11 minutes and everything went smoothly.

I didn't notice anything better with the picture but the only disc I have checked so far is Corpse Bride which already looked amazing. Chapter switching does seem to be a bit quicker now.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Installed it last night with no problems. PQ was already stellar, so it was hard for me to notice a difference (plus I only watched a new disc, Scooby-Doo). I'll have to take a closer look tonight with a disc I've seen multiple times. Chapter skipping was indeed a bit faster.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I installed it this morning. It took 10 minutes to do. It was flawless before and is flawless now. Skips are a little faster. All my disks play fine.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
According to people at AVS, the upgrade gets the player to pass blacker-than-black now. That's too tech for me, but it's what I read.

Jace_A

Second Unit
SD DVDs look a little sharper with less noise. BD titles look the same to my eyes.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Awesome. That's just what I wanted to hear! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Without blacker than black, black level detail can really suffer. Then again, it probably doesn't make much difference on some people's displays, but for us old-school CRT folks...sweetness.

I didn't know what I was missing until I quit using my DVD player that couldn't pass BTB. One notch was the difference between too bright and way too dark to eke out details. Once I swithced players I could see everything in low-level scenes.

Great news about chapter skipping too. This player keeps getting better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks