Panasonic AE700 projector

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Dennis:-)J, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Dennis:-)J

Dennis:-)J Auditioning

I have decided to purchase a FP for my HT and I am considering either the InFocus 5000 or the Panasonic AE700U. I have found user reviews on the InFocus projector but the only reviews that I have found on the Panasonic are from commerical sources. Is their a user that cares to offer a review? The projector will be used in a low ambient light area.
    Dennis

2. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

The specs of the Infocus 5000 make it seem more along the performance lines of something like the Panasonic L500U. It's brighter (1100 vs. 850 lumens) but still has a lower contrast ratio (1200:1 vs. 1300:1). The 700U seems to have the perofrmance of a DLP w/ the resolution and price point of an LCD. Seems to be a much better value. If you would be happy with the performance of the Infocus 5000 you could always get a L500U for as little as $1350 new.

3. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Dennis, the Panasonic 700 got an excellent review at http://www.Projectorcentral.com. It also reviewed the Sanyo Z3 and compared the 2 projectors. Check it out.

4. Scott Dautel

Scott Dautel Second Unit

post removed

5. Dennis:-)J

Dennis:-)J Auditioning

Thanks All - for the answers. I have found a wealth of info in the AVS formum - the PJ has it's own tweak thread.
    Dennis:)J

6. Oren Paul

Oren Paul Stunt Coordinator

I have a Panasonic PTL500 and I am more than satisfied. Great blacks, no SDE (I can not see it from VERY close to the screen), good colors, just a great value. High Def sources almost appear three dimensional.

7. DaveHe

DaveHe Auditioning

Hello Everyone.

I am also looking at the AE700U and the Screenplay 5000. The local A/V dealer told me that getting warranty issues and parts from Panasonic can be a real hassle. Anyone else have opinions on Panasonic's customer service?