Panasonic A320...Any experience with it?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Steeves, Mar 6, 2002.

1. Brian Steeves

Brian Steeves Second Unit

I have been using a Sony DVP-S3000 for 4 years now. It has played every disc I have asked it to without any problems whatsoever. It however does not have component outputs or DTS. The no DTS isn't really an issue since at this time I don't have a pre/pro that decodes DTS. I do however have a Sony RPTV(non-HDTV) that has component inputs. I have an opportunity to pick this player up from a forum member used.

My question/s are would I see a significant enough improvement PQ wise with the newer player and component outs? And does anyone have any experience with the units performance and reliability?

2. JackS

JackS Supporting Actor

Brian- I don't think the 320 has a component out. This player came out more than two years ago. I owned the previous two models and can vouch for an excellent picture, but at todays prices for new players, I'd advise against this purchase. Unless it is priced dirt cheap, you'd be better off spending a little more and buying new .(Even if it DOES have component out)

3. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

The A320 does offer component outputs. It also will pass a 96 khz 24 bit signal digitally to the pre amp which is great for playing DAD's since you get to use the DAC's in the pre amp and not have to run a set of analog cables.