What's new

Panasonic 62 flicker (1 Viewer)

Radim

Grip
I just got a Panasonic rp62 and a Toshiba 4800 to see which one I like better and how bad the chroma bug is on the Toshiba. However, the biggest problem is actually with the Panasonic - it flickers, especially on blue objects close to boundaries with other color objects. In Toy Story, chapter 4, the Tinkertoy box flickers very visibly in progressive mode! No such thing in interlaced mode or on the Toshiba in any mode so it's not a TV problem. As an added bonus, the player always defaults to the French soundtrack and english subtitles on this DVD. I suspect this may be because it has old firmware - April 2002!!! When did they even start selling this unit? In July? Any comments will be appreciated.

Radim

Grip
Somebody just pointed out to me that this a problem due to CCS turned on. I would assume that a later firmware would tone down/fix this problem. Can someone with a recently manufactured unit (mine is from April) confirm that CSS has been turned down so that Toy Story (for example) doesn't flicker any more?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks