What's new

Panasonic 53WX42 53" 16:9 RPTV for Sale! (1 Viewer)

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
Hi all,

I'm interested in selling my venerable Panny RPTV (the time has come for me to get a projector and I need to clear the space!) :D

This is the PT53WX42 model from Fall 2002. It is a 53" 16:9 RPTV with dual component inputs. It supports 480ip, and 1080i HD signals (HD tuner required, not included).

It has only had light use (about 5-600 hours) and is a little over 16 months old. The set has been tweaked to high heaven by yours truly for the 480I and P inputs. (I have not done any tweaking of the 1080i input).

Tweaks that I have performed include:

Manual Focus
Electrostatic Focus
Geometry Adjustments
Convergence
Eyeballed Greyscale

Overall it puts out a VERY nice, sharp DVD image that you will not be disappointed with.

I will include the remote (perfect condition), all manuals, including the Service Manual from Panasonic which I bought separately specifically for tweaking the set.

The TV has one flaw, on the very bottom of the screen, there is a very faint scratch on the lenticular screen which can only be seen in daylight if the TV is turned off (basically with sunlit glare on the screen). This does not affect viewing of DVD in a darkened room (which is how I used it primarily). I can provide digital photos of the set to anyone seriously interested in purchasing.

Obviously because of its size, I won't be shipping it anywhere, but prefer to have a buyer make an appointment and pick up the TV as is. (No boxing, wrapping, etc. included.)

Anyone interested please respond or PM me and we'll go from there.

Asking price is $800, which is very good price considering how much better the set looks than a brand new one out of the box with junky factory settings! :)

The price is negotiable, make me an offer! :)

BTW, I live in the San Francisco Bay Area.

-Dennis

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
I can drop to $750, but really can't afford to go any lower...if you're still interested, I can provide some digital pics of the set so you can be sure of what you will be getting! :)

-Dennis

Chris Rosene

Second Unit
Damn!! $750 for a 53" high def TV.

I do have one question though . . . how come nobody in the Midwest sells their TV's for this good of a price??

Good luck on the sale, shouldn't last long.

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
And I'd like to add that this set has ZERO burn-in. Nada! It was NEVER hooked up to any console gaming systems, antenna/ cable television/ satellite TV of ANY KIND! It has only been used to watch DVD's and that's it! So barring the light scratch, it has been extremely well taken care of.

$750 is definitely a steal. :)

-Dennis

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I have this model and love it. That price is killing me! I paid more than double that just a year ago. Good grief. Some lucky duck is going to get a ridiculously good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks