panasonic 50" lcd rptv any good?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by jack w, Dec 27, 2003.

1. jack w

jack w Agent

I saw this one in bb and cc and i do like the picture compared to dlp and sony lcd rptv ,and the price is a little better.
    does anyone have any opinions or input on this tv?

2. SteveAnd

SteveAnd Extra

I spent quite a bit of time comparing between the Sony, Panny, Hitachi & Samsung(dlp). I had originally thought the Samsung was the one, but by the time I had decided I could wait no more, the rear projection lcd sets hit the market. I honestly like the picture better on the lcd than the dlp, but that is only my opinion. I ended up with the 50" Panasonic w/ATSC tuner built-in. Very impressive set. Fairly straightforward settings. I really like the brightness of the set. Compare it to the standard behemoth HDTV's at any store and you can easily spot the lcd's. All in all a very decent buy. I really couldn't tell much of a difference between the 3 lcd's (Hitachi, Sony & Panasonic). All of them have similar pictures, but a lot of the features are different. The Panny has an abundance of inputs which will certainly meet any of my future needs...that is until the next round of incompatible technology comes out. I have always felt that Sony is an over-priced technology. I still have Panasonic TV's, phones & their very first DVD player. I've never had a problem with Panasonic, and have yet to encounter any problems with their products. My only suggestion to you would be to go to each of the manufacturer's websites and download the manuals for each of the sets. Look at the features, settings, extras, etc. That may help in your decision.