What's new

Panasonic 4K Player - DP-UB820-K - Banding/Blocking issues (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Chris
No success with mere slider adjustments. I feel certain this is some type of chroma setting that the LG OLED is not compatible with. Spears & Muncil, here I come!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That doesn't sound like a settings problem. It sounds like the player is having trouble reading the disc. Maybe the discs are dirty or damaged. I've had the 820 for a couple months now and have never had a single problem playing any disc. The cheap Philips I was using previously would get stuck on UHD discs all the time.

Real Name
Chris
Towards the latter third of "Sin City" on standard HD Blu-ray, I was getting terrible noise. I tinkered with the output of the player, and eliminated the issue by turning off the Ultra HD Deep Color. What does that say about the DP-UB820-K or the LG OLED65E7P?

Real Name
Chris
Keep in mind, 85% of discs play flawlessly on my unit, and some of those perfect play discs have mottling and grooving from bad packaging processes. "V for Vendetta"'s playing surface looks like a squad played rugby on it. It plays flawlessly on the 820.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
That doesn't sound like a settings problem. It sounds like the player is having trouble reading the disc. Maybe the discs are dirty or damaged. I've had the 820 for a couple months now and have never had a single problem playing any disc. The cheap Philips I was using previously would get stuck on UHD discs all the time.
That's so funny. The Philips 7502 I have is my go-to player for UHD. I have never had a single hiccup with it.

Real Name
Chris
Persistent playback errors on roughly 50 percent of upscaled standard definition Blu-rays, as well as a troubling number of 4K discs. Time to RMA. Anyone else with this same issue on the DP-UB820-K?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Persistent playback errors on roughly 50 percent of upscaled standard definition Blu-rays, as well as a troubling number of 4K discs. Time to RMA. Anyone else with this same issue on the DP-UB820-K?
It sounds like you have a lemon which is unfortunate, but, it happens with every HT manufacturer.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For those looking at a non-9000 -- BBY appears to have just dropped the 820 to a sale price of $399. I think that was the Black Friday price (edit -- actually BF was 350) I passed on and regretted.

I'm not sure if others will follow

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
For those looking at a non-9000 -- BBY appears to have just dropped the 820 to a sale price of $399. I think that was the Black Friday price I passed on and regretted.

I'm not sure is others will follow
Actually, the Black Friday pricing was $349.99 which I didn't passed on. ;)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Actually, the Black Friday pricing was $349.99 which I didn't passed on. ;)

Just realized that when I was posting the Deals section and I was coming to correct.
Dang forum is just too quick

I was arguing with myself in Nov about getting the 9000, then other events took over as more important and never got back to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fadilale
Recent bookmarks