Panasonic 47WX49 for $1485 ?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James_C, Dec 31, 2001.

1. James_C

James_C Agent

I have been considering buying this tv for a few months now and a local dealer is selling it for $1485 today only. Does anyone have any opinions on this tv?? This is by far the best deal I have seen! What should I do??

Also, I stumbled upon a link that explains how to disable the SVM (Scan Velocity Modulation) on this tv. What is this and why would I want to disable it???

Please help!

I have to decide TODAY!!!

Thanks!

2. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    This is an awesome price, if a 47" is what you want, BUY IT!!!

dont worry about SVM, all sets have this. You will want to disable it...more later.

Also, Eliab is doing a tour in your area soon. Give him an email and get on this list for a calibration, he will take care of SVM and a lot of other stuff.

Gregg

3. James_C

James_C Agent

Who is Eliab? How do I contact him? How much does he charge to do a calibration??

Also, what is the SVM for and why is it there if everyone disables it???

4. DougRuss

DougRuss Stunt Coordinator

James,
    Here's a explaination of SVM [​IMG]
    Also, what's the name of that Dealer? That's a great price for that TV !!
    Here's a site dedicated to that Tv;Click Here

5. James_C

James_C Agent

The store is H.H.Gregg here in Columbus. The sale ends Jan. 1. Thanks for the info!

6. David Ki

David Ki Agent

H.H.Gregg rocks, not sure how many are outside of OHio. My sister went to the one in Chilicothe and bought a dented store display Refrigerator cheap. Just as they started wheeling it out the manager stopped them and said the fridge was already sold. They gave my sister a brand new unit of the same model at the dented price. She made out like a bandit.

HUBA HUBA. Just saw the HH Gregg ad. Might be getting this one myself. Good through Jan 1 till 6PM. NO INTEREST TIL JAN 03, they give you a full year to pay it off!

7. Kishu

Kishu Stunt Coordinator

Eliab's contact info is in avical.com website..

Cheers,

Kishore

8. James_C

James_C Agent

Yes, H.H.Gregg does rock!!! I went to buy it on Monday. After I told the salesman that I would take it he asked me if I would be willing to pay an extra $50 to get the higher model (47WX51) with the protective screen and the better remote because he didn't want to sell out of the other model (he only had 2 left). I absolutely agreed [​IMG] !!!! WOW a Panasonic 47WX51 for $1535! It gets delivered today...

9. Dwight Amato

Dwight Amato Stunt Coordinator

yes, that is crazy. I bought my PT47WX51 for $1570 with a 'buddy' in the business so I was stoked. Excellent deal, and you will love the set.

10. Jim-M

Jim-M Second Unit

The Fry's in San Diego is advertising the 47" Panasonic for $1499 in today's paper.