Panasonic 47wx42 vs. Toshiba 42h82

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Cameron Yee, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    A local dealer is selling the Panasonic 47wx42 for 1300 and the Toshiba 42h82 for 1500. I was wondering what folks would choose in this situation. Size over price? Vice versa? Features on one not found on the other that tips the scale?

2. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW

3. Tim Jin

Tim Jin Supporting Actor

I was looking at the same models and ended up with the Panny. Its 5" bigger than the Tosh and the size match my living space. Once you get it calibrated with Avia, the picture looks beautiful. I plan to get it ISF later. I don't notice the stretch mode being so awful on what other have said about the Panny. I think it looks great. I view my cable in "Just Mode" and from my eyes, it looks just as good as the Tosh.

The HD box is coming. Can't wait to see that.

Its all up to you. If you think one looks better than the other, get whatever you prefer.

I choosed the Panny because it looked good and I've been researching this model for a long time.

4. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    Tim,

HD content will knock your socks off! [​IMG] It's certainly making me re-evaluate the amount of "regular TV" viewing I want to do from the major networks. CBS shows like Alias and The Agency look awesome. [​IMG] Also, even the non-HD stuff on the HD channels look much better than otherwise--quite close to good DVD quality.

Enjoy!

_Man_

5. Tim Jin

Tim Jin Supporting Actor

How do you know which shows are in HD? Is there a listing somewhere on the net?

6. Bill Geiger

Bill Geiger Second Unit

7. DougR

DougR Second Unit

Tim,

go to Titan Tv and sign-up and it will give you a listing of HDTV in your area.