What's new

Panasonic 47" Widescreen HDTV Monitor PT-47WX53 (1 Viewer)

RobMorrow

Grip
Hi, I'm in the market for my first big screen tv. I've been looking at Panasonic 47" Widescreen HDTV Monitor PT-47WX53 since its price is pretty much what I want to spend. The thing is, I'm worried about burn in. This tv will be used 70% for Gaming, 20% DVD, and 10% watching TV. Is this a tv that may cause problems? If thats the case, or if the tv isn't a good one, if anybody could recommend another set that would be great. I'm looking to spend 1000 - 2000 CDN on a HDTV, preferably widescreen. Thanks for the help

Rob

Andy Goldstein

Stunt Coordinator
crt and plasma tvs will burn in. although i have the 53" version of the 47wx53, and love it, i wouldnt recommend it with all the gaming you are planning to do. all our gaming systems are hooked up to an old direct view 27 incher in the family room.

ag.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I have had a PT47WX49 for over two years now, and do TONS of gaming on it, with not a sign of burn in in sight. As long as the set is properly adjusted, burn in should be a non issue. Check the master Burn in thread for info on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks