What's new

Panasonic 47" RPTV (1 Viewer)

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
I believe the 47" part number is PT-47WX42

I seem to be getting what I could only describe as "Burn In" as I see it. And if its possible its only on some TV Shows.

I never see this on any of the DVD's I watch. And not all the TV shows seem to have the problem.

The biggest problem seem to be on Buffy the Vamp Slayer, TV Show.

Nothing on the screen is ststic but for some reason it almost take a shadowy picture of a frame of the show and holds it for about 2 seconds. its really kind of strange. You can see the TV show continueing but there's this real light shadow superimposed.

anyway to get rid of this, is it my TV or the Channel (its only some shows on the channels not all shows)?

Rich Chiavaroli

Stunt Coordinator
You're not describing burn in. Burn in would be if a static image _always_ showed through on a light background. For instance, if you brought up some image that was bright in the lower right corner of the screen and you saw a shadow of the MSNBC logo all the time.

Maybe someone else can explain what it is that you're seeing..

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
yeah I didn't think it was burn in but thats the best way to explain it. It temporary Burn in I guess. ONly lasts for about 2 seconds or so, but its enough to annoy the heck out of me.

Hal_J

Agent
im no expert, but im wondering if you need to post how the tv is calibrated and what the source is? have you run avia?
you seem to have a 'delayed' image or shadow? what are your cables like? you might have some signal reflections or something like that, or you might have your tv in torch mode, as it is known?
dont listen to me though, post more info about the settings, age of the set, general usage patterns, sources, cables, etc.:)

Joe Reed

Stunt Coordinator
It is most likely the channel my channel 9, (buffy) shows up like crap on a direct view set and has the same kind of thing happening as your widescreen, I don't believe it is your tv.

garbage in = garbage out

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
I was hoping that was the cause and the fact that the only other show that does it, less often, is Angel. Both from the same people just different channels.

Firefly doesn't do it yet though.

As for settings:

what is this avia you speak of?
I've seen and heard about some sort of avia disk. what does it do?

My settings are basically what I've found on the panny.tv site for initial setting without having to do anything major that is non fixable once done. And like I said DVD's are great and other TV shows on the same channel are just fine. I've only had the TV since Feb. so I hope its not crapping out already.

Rich Chiavaroli

Stunt Coordinator
Avia helps you set your settings for your TV. Things like contrast, brightness, tint, color, sharpness..

Someone elses settings might not be good for your TV.

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
Well, let's use deductive logic. If you always got this effect, that would seem to indicate that the TV is the problem. But you don't. You only get it on certain shows. Therefore, the problem is not your set, though it might be a problem that only shows up in dark scenes, and Buffy and Angel are full of those.
The advice to calibrate your set with the Avia DVD is good. You may be able to rent the disc, which helps you set up your set for maximum quality.
Panasonic has a good reputation but, reportedly, may need some tweaking.
On the other hand, if the effect truly does only show up with certain shows, you might have to blame the source.
Good luck!
Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks