What's new

Panasonic 47" PT-47WX53 TV (1 Viewer)

Neil J

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have this widescreen tv, or can anyone tell me about experiences with it?

Andy Goldstein

Stunt Coordinator
i have the 53" version. love it! wonderful picture after some minor tweaking with DVE. plenty of inputs (for me, anyway). cant say much more, except if i had to do it over i would still buy it.

ag.

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor
The Panasonic 47 is a very popular model. Depending how much you can get it for, I say go for it. I don't know if you can get it without the protective screen anymore, but I would prefer to get it without it, if you don't have any kids.

There are always drawbacks with all sets, but so far, it seems like that I'm the only person that had major problems on this forum.

I have an older model (47wx42).

For the price and the PQ (after tweaking), you can't go wrong.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide.

There are many of us here that can help you with this set.

Neil J

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info. I'll probably get this model from Best Buy. Can anyone tell me if their prices are set in stone or if you can "haggle" them. I have never bought a big purchase from Best Buy. Also I wonder if I need to get an extended warranty?

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor
BB prices are pretty much set because they don't work on commission, but they do get kick backs on warranties.

Circuit City and Good Guys work on commissions and usually you can haggle and get some package deal with the extended warranty.

Usually, I am against extended warranties, because if it isn't broken under the one year deal, it won't break. BUT, there are many factors that can go wrong in a RPTV. I don't know, its up to you.

Panasonic offers extended warranties, but its expensive. One year from them is $250+, two year 360+, five year, $500++

Andy Goldstein

Stunt Coordinator
yes, they will haggle/price match! we got them to match the price of the costco next door. 1500 for the 53" set. i told them: look, i can get it next door for 1500. i would rather get it here, with a 4-year extended warentee, and a set of cables. do you want to sell a set or what?

we bought it there. also bought a "buyers club card" or something like that. with all the stuff we bought they put 80 bux on the card. when we got the coupons in the mail a few weeks later we bought a bunch of dvds with them.

worked out very well.

ag.

Neil J

Stunt Coordinator
The main thing about the warranty is they will calibrate the set any time it's needed. That covers 4 years, but I don't know if the set will really need to be calibrated at all during that time period. I've never had a big screen tv before.

Rajeev_s

Stunt Coordinator
BB will bargain if you are serious about purchasing the set. I got my 53WX42 for $1450 at BB with interest free financing.

Cindy V

Agent
I bought my 47wx53 at CC when they had $150 off so price was 1349 with free shipping. It is at this price right now. Then I printed out walmart.com's cost of 1284 and had them match it. Walmart.com now has this set at $1184.

I love this TV. I bought in January and just love it more every day. I did very little tweeking to it. I did not get the EW because it was $360. When compared to the price I paid, it was not worth it to me. Every week I learn more about new features and how to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks