What's new

Panasonic 47" - Messed up service mode settings (1 Viewer)

Thong Kha

Auditioning
I have a Panasonic PT-47WX51 and before I start I know I made a BIG mistake by not writing down my service mode settings, but here's my situation:
1) Went into service mode to adjust VLIN setting (I've went into service mode many times without problems before this).
2) Adjusted setting accordingly.
3) Now this is where I did something wrong. I pressed the ACTION button and the POWER button together to get out of service mode. Before the TV turned off, I saw something like "SELF CHECK ..." flash on the screen and then the TV turned off. When it turned back on, I had this weird screen that I've never seen before come up. I have a screenshot of what comes up at:
Link Removed
After that happened, all my settings were reset! Even my picture settings and input settings, everything, has been reset. If I go into the service mode to do any changes, and try to exit, the same course of events happens again (self check before TV turns off, then that screen comes on when the TV comes back on), and all my settings are reset again. I can't believe what I've done and don't know what to do.
Is my TV damaged somehow that it doesn't exit out of service mode correctly anymore? My picture looks abosolutely horrible now with bowing and misalignment everywhere since all my settings have been reset to who knows what. Convergence is abysmal and the focus is way off (probably cause of the convergence). Can an ISF technician fix this? Any help would be appreciated.

JaimelM

Agent
If you did not write down all the service settings
in a paper then who knows what you did wrong,

Rob Robinson

Second Unit
on one hand, that wasn't a very helpful response.
on the other hand, it's stuff like this that leads to harder to find and less tweakable service modes...
[Edited last by Rob Robinson on October 27, 2001 at 03:19 AM]

Massimo N

Stunt Coordinator
That screen you posted is the normal self-diagnostic screen that comes up after you exit the service mode. On panasonics, when you get out of service, your user settings are reset to torch mode, and factory defaults...including volume.
It doesn't sound like you messed anything up. Before you go into service mode, write down your user settings, as these will always return to factory defaults.
Sorry, I don't have this tv, so I've don't know the codes.

Thong Kha

Auditioning
Thanks for all the help. I spent the wee morning hours doing the coarse and fine convergence and the set looks almost normal now. I guess I'll just have to keep plugging away at the two convergence modes until I get it right. Thanks for all your responses. A very hard lesson learned for me.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
Like Massimo says, the screen you show is completely normal. How can it be that you've been into the service menu "many times" before, but have never seen this screen?? Also, the TV does not normally shut off when exiting the service menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks